Here’s a quick guide on up a GPS receiver in one of my systems, or if you need to switch it to a different USB port on OpenCPN
In TelChart, you can lose the GPS port if you run the program without the GPS antenna connected. It’s an easy fix as follows.
- Plug in the GPS antenna into the desired USB port and give it time to install.
- Run TelChart.
- Top right corner, hit the yellow folder icon.
- Towards bottom right, hit the Setup tab.
- Find the drop down menu where it says “System setup”.
- Hit the drop down arrow there and select “Nmea data ports”.
- A window titled “Setup data ports” will popup.
- Check all the COM ports that are unchecked
- Press OK.
- Hit the “Auto reposition” button towards the top center right to center to enable auto follow.
Now you got this red track showing up from where the present location was.
- Open track which is the third icon from the top right.
- Hit delete.
You’re good to go!