These options and upgrades can be added to my basic, midrange, and premium units to fulfill your specific needs. All of my units are highly expandable, and customizable. Built just for you. Create your very own custom chartplotter today! Please contact me to customize and order your system today!
Custom chartplotter options
- Marine GPS receiver with antenna:
- $75 Basic GPS 1 Hz standard update rate.
- $125 Midrange GPS & GLONASS dual band + 1 Hz standard update rate.
- $175 Premium GPS & GLONASS dual band + up to 20 Hz fast update rate.
- $65 12V cigarette plug power adapter.
- $200 AIS receiver with antenna offers real time overlay of other boats’ positions on the charts.
- $40 NMEA 0183 / RS-422 / RS-485 adapter (connect your depth sounder, etc).
- $100 Long range high gain WiFi external adapter. Useful for improving weak WiFi signal in marinas or elsewhere.
- $175 Docking station allows to easily clip your unit in and out. They also have extra ports such as USB and HDMI on mid/premium 12, 15.
- $100 Second hard drive with a FULL BACKUP of the entire system and charts. Swap in case of any kind of HDD failure, software configuration issue, virus, etc. Add $100 to have it in its own caddy.
- $30 USB to 2.5″ SATA adapter cable – easily connect your old laptop’s hard drive and copy your files over.
- $75 Touch screen support (not available on 14, 15, 17 inch systems) *POPULAR*.
- $100 SSD (solid state drive) for high performance and increased reliability.
- $50 Backlit keyboard (13, 17 inch system only, sometimes 10 inch as well).
- $50-75 DVD drive (available on 13, 14, 15, 17 inch systems).
- $50 Storage upgrade (for multimedia storage, unrelated to navigation).
- $50-75 RAM upgrade (multitasking performance, future proofing).
- $25 Bluetooth card for connecting wireless speakers or a mouse.
- $25 SD Card reader (transfer GPX between your plotter and the laptop or for cameras).
- $40 Two extra USB 3.0 ports via an ExpressCard expansion card.
Please contact me to order your custom chartplotter today!
Charts, maps, and more
- $75 Dual coverage vector & raster charts for your region (switch on the fly). Mostly for US & Canada.
- $150 World charts covering all regions.
- $200 Bathymetric world charts – more detail than above in an independent charting system.
- $150 Offline satellite imagery for areas where chart detail needs to be augmented. Ie South Pacific, Caribbean, etc.
- $50 Radar support with overlay.
- $50 High detail marine weather (requires internet access to download).
- Land & other
- $125 Topographic and back road maps.
- $75 Road maps.
- $800 Iridium (Motorola) 9505A handset – this works anywhere in the world, but requires a SIM & subscription plan. It also allows for a slow 9600 baud rate Internet connection which can be used to send and receive email, or marine weather.
- $50 Windows 10 Pro (midrange or premium systems only).
- $50 Office Pro.
Backup or second custom chartplotter
Safety is the number one priority on the water, especially on long trips. Therefore, I highly recommend that you have at least two fully functional systems when out on the water. For that reason, I offer a $50 discount if you order two units together from me. Please take a look at the backup page for some affordable options!
Top selling custom chartplotters
My systems can be much more affordable than Garmin, Lowrance, Simrad, B&G, Furuno, Humminbird, Raymarine, Si-Tex and will be supported forever! Furthermore, I believe that some of the commercial chart plotter brands gouge their customers. Unfortunately, some commercial brands force clients to upgrade by no longer supporting older units. In addition, they charge outrageous fees for simple things like a bigger screen size. In addition to this, please take a look at other advantages as well.