So, you’re thinking – why would you want a laptop chartplotter? Below, I outline some of the advantages compared with competing solutions. I supply around 65% commercial fishermen, and 35% other boaters such as leisure cruisers, tugboats, delivery captains, and more. You can always contact me to discuss your needs.
Navigation laptop advantages
- Completely offline navigation requiring no Internet connection. The charts are stored locally on the laptop chartplotter. My units have been used to circumnavigate the globe many times!
- I customize each unit exactly to your needs. It will have exactly what you require!
- Use the unit as a general purpose computer. Check your email, go online, watch movies and videos (midrange and premium models), do word processing, and more.
- Easily connect a second display with a cable or via wireless screen cast. You can display the navigation information on another screen or mobile device.
- No subscription costs of any kind – no monthly, or yearly fees!
- Large display sizes are affordable – spend hundreds, not thousands! Major brand chart plotters with a large screen are VERY expensive.
- Highly expandable with support for AIS, transducer, radar, weather station, auto pilot, and other NMEA 0183 and 2000 devices.
- Multiple chart sets available. Seamlessly switch between raster and vector charts. Use the set that you prefer! You can get the option you’re more used to!
- No planned obsolescence – even better after 10 years: software and chart updates will continue!
- Unlimited way points and points of interest that you can be easily export and import as GPX. You can also convert them to various formats, and shared across multiple units. This is great for fishing fleets.
- Available bathymetric charts help visualize the depth contours in 3D and provide a higher level of detail.
- Easy to share the navigation laptop between multiple boats or remove from the vessel to prevent theft.
- Offline satellite imagery or topo maps can augment the charts in certain locations.
- You can buy or build a cheap marine autopilot which works seamlessly with my systems, or connect an existing NMEA autopilot.
- Parts and accessories are more easily available. Proprietary chartplotters are often difficult to repair.
- You can easily draw or import fishing boundaries to comply with government regulations.
- You can download detailed marine weather for free on one of my units. Amazing detail level!
- I can supply a unit with multiple marine navigation software packages on one unit. Each one can have multiple chart sets to choose from.
- I have extensive experience, having supplied 3000+ systems since 2011. I deal with commercial fishermen, pleasure cruisers, delivery captains, sailors, and more.
- Low cost. My systems are more affordable than commercial chartplotter brands, and will be supported forever.
- Panasonic Toughbooks are rugged units that can handle a marine environment. Hence, they are the perfect marine navigation laptop, requiring no additional preparation to face the elements. Just make sure you get one of the waterproof models such as the very popular midrange 10 or midrange 13!
- Extremely fast turnaround time. Units usually ship within 24-48 hours, and sometimes during the same day. I have reasonable priced express shipping options as well.
- Personalized approach to get you exactly the options that fit your needs! I do not try to upsell you, and work with your budget.
- Systems are easy to operate with available detailed video tutorials to help you learn. I can provide customized info, or point you in the right direction.
- I support you remotely via AnyDesk or TeamViewer. This can quickly help resolve any issues if they come up.
- I offer a complete package, including native 12V adapters, great GPS antennas, AIS receivers, NMEA adapters, and more. All configured on a rugged heavy duty computer chartplotter.
- Flexible sizes from 8 inches all the way to 17 inches, and everything in between. Therefore, I can help you outfit any size boat easily!
- No bureaucracy! I have a small and efficient business.
Top selling laptop chartplotters
The amount of different options and combinations I offer is pretty limitless. I am happy to work within your budget and do my best to fulfill all your needs and requirements. Please contact me, and I’ll provide some workable options for your vessel!
BONUS: why Toughbooks a good choice for a laptop chartplotter
- Many Toughbook models have a MIL-SPEC rating of MIL-STD-810G MIL-STD-461F IP65. They are the most rugged computer in the world.
- They are made in Japan or Taiwan with incredibly high quality control.
- Toughbooks are modular and repairable. Many parts are hot-swappable.
- They are used by police and military agencies around the world, including in war zones.
- The displays are anti-glare and outdoor viewable. They are designed to be used outside.
- Toughbooks have shock-mounted internal components that can survive drops and vibrations.
- They are rated for operation from -30C to +50C without damage or instability.
- Since they are the most popular rugged computer in the world, used parts are readily available!
- Toughbooks have the largest selection of models and sizes of all the rugged PC varieties. You can pick the one that works for you!
- They are straight up COOL. Your friends will be impressed.
Why choose a laptop chartplotter?
My systems can be much more affordable than commercial chart plotters such as Garmin, Lowrance, Simrad, B&G, Furuno, Humminbird, Raymarine, Si-Tex and will be supported forever! Furthermore, I believe that some of the commercial chart plotter brands gouge their customers. Companies force clients to upgrade by no longer supporting older units. In addition, they charge exorbitant fees for simple things like a bigger screen size. Don’t hesitate to contact me and I will help pick the right unit for your boat! I am always happy to answer questions, and provide additional information. For example, exact dimensions, video demos of how something works, precise capabilities, screenshots of charts in your area, and more.