Navionicsapp lets you forego buying an expensive chartplotter and use your mobile device for marine navigation. I supply complete units with Navionicsapp loaded on navigation tablets or marine grade laptops with GPS. I also have other charts and charting software! I can provide assistance in picking the best charts for your application, no matter if it’s fishing, sailing, or other boating needs. Just contact me.
Navionicsapp for marine navigation
I supply fully loaded navigation tablets with Navionicsapp loaded and built in GPS antennas. They work offline without any cell phone or WiFi signal, and can be used onboard for real time navigation! They come with the same amazing Navionics charts you see online, but also work offline and track your position on the maps in real time by using the integrated GPS antenna. You can get the Navionicsapp for your own device here for Android or here for iOS. Ream more regarding Navionics on Windows here.
Please note that if your mobile device does NOT have a built in GPS antenna, it won’t track properly offline! My tablets have GPS.
Navionicsapp Online Chart Viewer Alternatives
If you’re looking at a particular area, it’s a great idea to compare the charts for your precise target location. Sometimes, local detail levels and coverage can differ wildly between different chart sets. On one chart set, an entire body may not be charted at all, while another chart set may have excellent bottom detail levels! Here’s a quick list of links you can click:
- Navionics Web App. The Navionics web app displays the charts I supply preloaded on my navigation tablets!
- i-Boating. They combine many sources, including raster & vector charts and have pretty comprehensive coverage. The prices are reasonable! Both inland & blue water are covered. Satellite overlays are very precise. Some areas have very high detail levels, and others are still under development. Unlike Navionics, they are easily available on laptops and mobile both. I supply laptops for i-Boating!
- C-MAP have world wide coverage with vector charts. Many inland lakes, navigable rivers, and blue water are included. Available both on mobile devices and Windows.
- NOAA only covers US blue water, and nothing else. No inland lakes found here. Some rivers have coverage close to the ocean.
- OpenSeaMap has no bottom contours as of now, but does offer satellite overlays. It’s completely free for anywhere in the world. In the future, this may be come a viable option but for now, I view it as mainly a curiosity.
If you want to buy a complete system from me with charts, I can help you pick the best set for you! Just contact me, and I’ll take care of the rest.
Why use a navigation laptop or tablet as a chart plotter?
My navigation laptops can be much more affordable than Garmin, Lowrance, Simrad, B&G, Furuno, Humminbird, Raymarine, Si-Tex. I will also support the GPS laptop you purchase forever! Furthermore, I believe that some of the commercial chart plotter brands gouge their customers. Large companies force their clients to upgrade. They stop supporting older units with chart and software updates. In addition, they charge outrageous fees for simple things like a larger screen size. I don’t do any of these things, and never will – guaranteed! Moreover, please take a look at other advantages as well. A navigation laptop can offer a compelling alternative to major brands.