OpenCPN is a fantastic chart plotting program for marine navigation. I offer ready to use rugged and waterproof Panasonic Toughbook laptops with OpenCPN loaded and preconfigured with marine charts for any region. You can get in touch with me, and I’ll get you all set up with a complete and ready to use system!
Advantages of a ready to use navigation laptop with OpenCPN charts
- Rugged navigation laptop – either waterproof or water resistant. Panasonic Toughbook, made in Japan.
- Fantastic waterproof GPS / GLONASS antennas and lots of other options like AIS, NMEA adapters, and more.
- 12V cigarette plug power adapters – no inverter needed.
- Available outdoor viewable displays – sunlight readable.
- Clean customized operating system that will not interfere with marine navigation.
- OpenCPN charts are loaded and ready to use – no need to waste your time figuring it out. That’s my job. Get out on the water instead!
- If you reach the limits of OpenCPN capabilities, I have further software options available.
I have a vast array of various systems available with all of the above options and OpenCPN. Since so many options are available, I recommend that you contact me and I’ll help you pick the right system that suits your needs!
- Basic models for those on a budget: highly affordable options, including waterproof models from $325
- Midrange models suitable for most: with available outdoor viewable displays for bright on-the-water conditions
- Premium models for those who like top of the line: high performance functionality for running additional software
- Navionics models (inland charts available): Android Navionics navigation tablets with built in GPS and touch screen and 12V
Popular OpenCPN navigation laptops
Why get an affordable chartplotter from me?
My systems can be much more affordable than Garmin, Lowrance, Simrad, B&G, Furuno, Humminbird, Raymarine, Si-Tex and will be supported forever! Furthermore, I’m inclined to argue that some of the commercial chart plotter brands gouge their customers. Companies force clients to upgrade by no longer supporting older units. In addition, they charge exorbitant fees for simple things like a bigger screen size. Take a look at other advantages as well.